THE LIGHT OF NUMBERS - 5
5 - UNIQUENESS OF INDIVIDUALITY
INDIVIDUAL TRUTH, INDIVIDUAL WILL, INDIVIDUAL POWER, CHARM AND UNIQUENESS, CONSTANTLY EXPLORING BEING
How we approach the
number 5 through the wisdom of human subconsciousness
the world with our hands. A hand = 5 fingers = 4 + 1 important thumb.
beings themselves look like a walking number 5 = 4 limbs + 1 important head.
alchemists, "the 5th substance" or "the 5th being" represented the mysterious
substance which was the source of life energy. They also associated the number
5 with human beings and the mysterious, open and creative divine essence within
A magical sign, "the blazing star of magicians" again symbolises 4 + 1 -
connection of 4 elements with the important 5th element (Aether - Akasha). It is viewed as a symbol of
mastering the elements through the spirit - in other words, personal influence
on the world through the elements. In magic, it is an important,
* Leonardo da Vinci - the image of all images: the pentagram image of a human being with his arms and legs stretched outright.
Czech proverb: "Pack your five plums and get lost" - pack up your personal
opinions (personal truth) and get lost.
Czech proverb: "Somebody jabbers fifth over ninth" - means that somebody
expresses their personal truth and mingles it with the truth of higher cognition.
* The Decalogue (The Ten Commandments) is used for the set of rules coming from the higher world, whereas the set of 5 rules is created by people, e.g. the Commandments of the Roman Catholic Church.
** Symbolism of the shape of the number 5
* The symbolism of the square above the circle - the circle forms the base and the square is the superstructure. On the insubstantial, spiritual base (the circle - circular curve), a specific physical world rests with specific, individual RIGHTS (truths) - the square - line segments with RIGHT angles).
* The symbolism of the open halves of the circle and square - the unique and ever-searching being is an ever-open, developing system. This is reflected in the symbolism of the open half of the circle and open half of the square.
* Symbolism of opposing directions - people are spiritual and at the same time physical beings. The open half of the square points in a direction opposite to the open half of the circle. Despite this, both halves form a continuation of each other - in other words, they are connected. The interconnection of opposite directions symbolises, on the symbolic level, the interconnection of the oppositeness of physicality and spirituality.
Orienting yourself in different spheres of existence using the number 4 principles, man, that's a tough assignment! There's no way you can somehow learn by watching. Each conscious being explores the world each on his or her own. Every one of us has our world in our own mind. My world is not as you view it, but only as I view it. The process of exploration reveals to each conscious being only his or her speciﬁc, unique truth about the world. It's always a speciﬁc story of an individual being, who explores the potential and stability of the physical sphere and the potential and variability of the insubstantial sphere. At the same time, both spheres are interconnected in one, amazing unity.
The key features of the next number in a row of our numerical story of Creation, the 5, may be: INDIVIDUALITY AND UNIQUENESS OF A BEING, UNIQUENESS OF THE TRUTH SEEKING PROCESS, PERFECTION OF THE SOLID (PHYSICAL) WORLD, PERFECTION OF THE VARIABLE (INSUBSTANTIAL, SPIRITUAL) WORLD. THE PRINCIPLES OF OUR INNER MICROCOSM. UNIQUE HUMAN EXPLORATION OF THE PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL WORLD AS ONE ENTITY. INTERCONNECTION AND UNITY OF BOTH OPPOSING REALMS.
Let us again try to symbolically depict it through graphics and shapes. With the number 4, we can see that, since ancient times, sovereignty and ﬁrm anchorage in the RIGHT has always been symbolised by the square or the RIGHT angle. Let us therefore use the 'number 4' square. But the number 5 involves the individual truth- seeking process. It will therefore be neither universal nor ﬁnal. Despite this fact, it's our truth and there's no other truth either for us to work with. We can symbolise this by leaving the square incomplete, unﬁnished and therefore an open structure, similar to our open, exploring consciousness. The square is very useful because it can also symbolise the stability of the substantial realm. The square will not easily roll off anywhere; it's very ﬁrmly anchored in its place. It's surely no coincidence that scholars in the Far East used the square as a symbol of the planet Earth.
We just somehow need to try to symbolise the opposing sphere. Perfection and variability. All of that is beautifully incorporated in the circle. It is perfect, it is the exact opposite of the square, it does not maintain its position but repeatedly rolls off somewhere. After all, these 'circular, insubstantial and absolute' principles are already mirrored by the numbers 0, 2, 3. Let us stick to the circle for a little longer. And because our exploration of the insubstantial sphere through 'the number 5' principles will also be highly individual, in general we can say that our truths will be neither universal nor complete. We therefore use the incomplete circle again.
We can therefore use half of a square and half of a circle. Considering the nature of the oppositeness of the substantial and insubstantial spheres, we can arrange the two halves in such a way that they face each other with their open parts.
We placed half of the square on half of the circle. And why like this and not the other way round? It seems correct like this; the circle should really be at the bottom. This symbolises the realisation that the physical world is supported by the spiritual one and not the other way round. It arises from it and is dependent on it. The essence of our world is spiritual. And this is a very important message.
The amazingly strong number 5 symbolism, involving literally every one of us, simply cannot go unnoticed. And the fact is that we humans touch and explore the world with our beautiful and perfect human hands. The Divine qualities of our hands lift us up and inspire us to exploration and creativity. It's a gift from the Creator. On this Dive gift, on each hand, people have 5 ﬁngers. Even better and more precisely said: we have 4 + 1 fingers on our hands. The same principle applies to the whole human being as one unit. We 'attack' our physical living environment by using 5 'projections' of our body (some physical spacesuit of our soul). Again, the same principle of 4 + 1 (four limbs + one head) applies here.
We know that the 5 is linked to humanity and its creative and unique approach to the world. To be a human being means to have the 'Divine Spark of God' within, in other words, to have something extra (... + 1), something 'always mysterious', Divine. Our 5 relates to a human being, to its mysterious, open and creative Divine essence carried within. For alchemists, it was this 'ﬁfth substance' or 'ﬁfth being' the mysterious substance, which contained the powers of life. Thoth's archpriest in Hermopolis used the title of the 'Supreme Five'. The full title of Egyptian Pharaohs consisted of ﬁve names. The pentagram symbolised mysterious magic. Temples to Venus were constructed as ﬁve-sided. The number 5 somehow carries 'something extra' within itself. It's above the 4. It's above the basic orientation. The thumb, which we have as something 'extra', supports and complements in a brilliant and irreplaceable way the remaining 4 ﬁngers, thus making it possible to reach a signiﬁ cantly higher level of skills and possibilities. In the same way, we have been given an 'extra' head, which brilliantly and uniquely complements the remaining 4 body parts. The ﬁfth is simply some 'added value', that provides the 4 with the unique, distinctive, creative and human Divinity.
How apt that we say: 'somebody isn't all (5) there'.
Numerical Symbol: FIVE
The number 5 principles: CREATIVE INDIVIDUALITY AND EVER-LASTING OPENNESS TO EXPLORING THE PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL SPHERES. HUMAN BEING. DISTINCTIVENESS. ASPECTS RELATED TO HUMAN BEING, HUMANITY AND DIVINITY WITHIN.
The shape of the numerical symbol: OPEN HALF OF THE SQUARE PLACED OVER OPEN HALF OF THE CIRCLE.
Qualities of the shape: THE OPEN HALF OF THE SQUARE CONTAINS UNLIMITED COGNITION OF STABILITY AND MATTER. IT IS SUPPORTED BY THE PERFECTION OF THE CIRCLE, IN OTHER WORDS, BY SPIRITUAL PRINCIPLES. BUT THE CIRCLE IS UNFINISHED TOO. THE EXPLORATION OF THE SPIRITUAL WORLD IS THEREFORE AGAIN UNFINISHED.
THE NUMERICAL STORY OF CREATION:
0. AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING THERE WAS UNMANIFESTED POTENTIAL OF THE ABSOLUTE
1. A SPECIFIC AND UNIFORM PURPOSE HAS EMERGED FROM THE UNMANIFESTED POTENTIAL OF THE ABSOLUTE.
2. THE PURPOSE GAVE RISE TO THE 'PLAYING FIELD' WHERE THE 'GAME' WILL 'TAKE PLACE'. IT BROUGHT FORTH THE PRINCIPLES OF DUALITY.
3. PERFECT CONDITIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF LIVING BEINGS ACCORDING TO THE PRINCIPLE OF 'THE THIRD ONE IS ABOVE THE TWO' WERE CREATED. DUALITY PERCEIVED FROM THE THIRD POSITION, THE INTERCONNECTING POSITION OF DISTANCE AND IMPARTIALITY. DEVELOPMENT, ACTION, BALANCING.
4. CONSCIOUS BEINGS TRY TO BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO DIFFERENT SPHERES OF EXISTENCE IN A CYCLICAL PATTERN.
5. THE PROCESS OF EXPLORING THE SUBSTANTIAL AND INSUBSTANTIAL REALMS IS NEVER-ENDING, OPEN AND LARGELY INDIVIDUAL. EVERY HUMAN IS A UNIQUE, CREATIVE BEING. A HUMAN BEING IS COMPRISED OF THE DIVINE SPARK AND HUMANITY.